Please read this information about the our program for 2023-2024 carefully. This page has everything you need to know to make this an amazing year of musical growth!
We have two programs that run in parallel:
- YAPCA chamber program - These are small ensembles playing well-known works from the classical repertoire - quartets, trios, etc. - with expert coaching.
- Young Artists Orchestra (YAO) - This introductory orchestral experience is intended to introduce young musicians to the skills of playing in an orchestra in order to prepare them to play in larger advanced orchestras.
The program to which your student is assigned depends on their level of advancement and interest. Students find that both programs are fun, a great way to meet new like-minded friends, and of course, to advance their musical skills. Please discuss with either of the music directors if you have questions about your child’s assignment.
We divide the year into two terms - a Fall term and Winter term. Please mark your personal calendars so that you do not miss a rehearsal or concert.
- Weekly sessions every Wednesday evening: September 20, 2023 to November 22, 2023
- Winter Concert: November 29, 2023 at St. Paul’s Cathedral, time TBD
Weekly sessions every Wednesday evening: January 10, 2024 to March 6, 2024
March Break: March 13, 2024 - no rehearsal
Weekly sessions resume on Wednesday evenings: March 20. 2024 to April 3, 2024
Spring Concert: April 10, 2024 at St. Paul’s Cathedral
Weather postponement concert date: April 17, 2024
Summer workshop 2024
Please mark your calendars for the YAPCA summer workshop for 2024!
Summer 2024 Workshop July 8, 2024 to July 12, 2024
The provisional schedule for the 2023-2024 rehearsals:
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM - orchestra and chamber rehearsals
- 6:00 PM - 6:35 PM - break, snack/pizza, recital
- 6:35 PM - 7:35 PM - chamber music rehearsals continue for students in the chamber program
Please arrive for rehearsals early enough to unpack your instrument, tune and organize your music so that we can maximize our learning and playing together.
The tuition for the 2023-2024 season:
- $880 for the chamber program
- $380 for the Young Artists Orchestra
The tuition is due on September 20, 2023 which is the date of our first rehearsals. Tuition may be paid via e-transfer to [email protected]. If you prefer to pay by personal cheque, please bring a cheque written out to “Young Artists Pre-College Academy” on the day of the first rehearsal. Please contact us at [email protected] about a fee reduction if you have multiple children participating.ß
Our rehearsals are held at Trinity Lutheran Church at 746 Colborne Street in London, Ontario. There is ample parking behind the church. In lieu of parking, if you wish to pickup and drop-off your child for rehearsals, you can enter off Piccadilly, then go toward the left so that the glass entrance/exit doors are on your right. Exit the parking lot on the Colborne side.
Absences, illness and notification
Your participation is critical to maintaining artistic excellence. Your colleagues are depending on you. Please do not miss rehearsals for upcoming school examinations; instead, try to plan your schedule enough in advance that this sort of absence is not necessary. Let this sort of time-management exercise be your superpower!
On the other hand, if you are ill, please do not come to rehearsal. It’s not worth the risk of infecting your colleagues who are playing alongside you in close quarters.
You are free to wear a respiratory face mask for COVID-19 risk mitigation; but it is not required.
If you must miss a rehearsal or concert for any reason, you must let us know by emailing us at [email protected]. Do not simply tell your coach or conductor “I’m not going to be here in two weeks.” By emailing, you create a record and a way for us to let your coach or conductor know.